August 18, 2013

Fractured by Sarah Fine

Eingestellt von wanderherz um 3:45 PM

I received this e-ARC for free on netgalley.com (Thank you!) and in exchange I will do an honest review.

To be honest, I had a really hard time reading this book. I loved the first book Sanctum and I was beyond excited to get an ARC of Fractured. So I came up with 4 stars, mainly because of the great and unexptected ending and cliffhanger. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading this book but it somehow suffered from the "2nd book syndrome", e.g. the introduction of a love triangle (whyyyy?). The romance between Malachi and Lela was perfect in the first book, why distroying it with a meaningless lovetriangle. The plot was quite slow especially after the beginning, it was all about hunting the Mazikin, nothing really happens despite patroling the area. The new characters were nicely introduced, though.
 
So overall it was a nice read with some unenjoyable elements BUT Fractured did end on such an interesting/crazy/intense/... note that I'm really eager for the third book!
 
4/5 stars

0 Kommentare:

 

wanderherz Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos