April 17, 2013

Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid

Eingestellt von wanderherz um 2:07 PM
I received this e-ARC for free on netgalley.com and in exchange I will do an honest review.
 
Initially the beautiful cover drew me to Pretty Dark Nothing. The plot doesn't reveal much, so I started reading it with an open mind and I had no expectations at all. I liked the idea of demons haunting Quinn's dreams and the book started off great. The demons and nightmares were depicted really scary and realistic.

Unfortunately I couldn't connect with Quinn at all...in fact I absolutely loathed her. She is self-centered, annoying and boring. Her ex-boyfriend dumps her with no explanation or what so ever, cheats on her, etc. and she is actually considering taking him back?! WTH? Who in their right mind would take back a cheating bastard? Right, no one! There were so many scenes where Quinn's thoughts bounce back and forth between her taking Jeff (the ex-boyfriend) back or being with Aaron. It became really annoying!
The only characters I somehow liked were Aaron, Marcus and Jenna.

While reading Pretty Dark Nothing, I was thinking that there were waaaaay too many ideas into one story. Some things were hastily introduced and never mentioned again. If a few were dropped, maybe the story would make more sense and the ending wouldn't be so...weird.

To sum it up, this book wasn't really my cup of tea. But don't understand me wrong, the book has some great elements, so I would encourage everyone to give it a try!
 
2/5 stars

0 Kommentare:

 

wanderherz Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos