July 15, 2013

MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza

Eingestellt von wanderherz um 11:44 AM

I received this e-ARC for free on netgalley.com (Thank you!) and in exchange I will do an honest Review.
 
My first thought: androids, hell yeah!! I just read C. Clarke's The Mad Scientist's Daughter and needless to say I loved it and I got hooked with anything robots and androids, so I thought I'm in the perfect mood for MILA 2.0.

The plot was simple and straightforward: Mila recently lost her father and is about to discover a life-changing secret: she is an android owned by the government. The story is enjoyable, fastpacing and action packed. Mila struggles to come to terms with this new realisation of being an android and keeping her humanity. She sees her humanity in a boy, Hunter. Hunter, who represents a sleeping pill and is boring as hell. All we know is that Hunter is cute and Mila's BFF (who really is the most annoying character out there!) wants him and oh, of course he's attracted to Mila (I secretly hoped that he was part of a secret organization, the government or ANYTHING, but no, he really is just an ordinary boy!). She only knows him a couple days, they went on one date and almost kissed. Yet while on the run she thinks about him 24/7 and all you read is Hunter this and Hunter that. So frustrating!

The book wasn't bad, but it wasnt' that good either. If you are searching for a light read with lots of action, then you definetely should give it a try!

2/5 stars



0 Kommentare:

 

wanderherz Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos