January 05, 2014

World After by Susan Ee

Eingestellt von wanderherz um 1:51 PM

I loved Angelfall and I was über excited to get my hands on the sequel World After. Needless to say that I read it in two days, I just couldn't stop!  I got lost in Susan Ee's world, witty dialogues and Penryn's bad ass attitude.
World After is even more terrifying than Angelfall. There is some kind of darkness that clings to the pages and that will get your adrenaline going. I loved the suspense and the terrifying moments. (Although I'm not the biggest fan of horror but I guess Susan Ee proved me wrong!)
Penryn and Raffe...omg I love those two together. First I was a little bit dissappointed because for the first half there WAS NO FRICKING RAFFE. But it only shows that Penryn can take care of herself, she is a survivor in the true sense of the word and tries everything to keep her loved ones safe. Susan Ee portraits an absolutely believable character. I love that Penryn will do anything to save her family and Raffe.
I highly recommend World After to everyone who loved Angelfall, this book is full of non-stop action, witty and funny dialogues (I loved the scences with Pooky Bear!), great characters and dark, gritty and suspensefull storytelling, all packed up in a post-apocalyptic world.


"Everyone thinks I'm dead. I lie with my head on my mother's lap in the open bed of a large truck. The dawn light etches the grief lines on my mom's face while the rumble of the engines vibrates through my limp body."


"I look up to say something but he puts his fingers to my lips and whispers, 'Don't talk. You'll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth.'" p. 337
"'You're not Fallen, are you?' The question pops out of my mouth before my head can censor it. 'From everything I've heard, that would just make me more sexy to you Daughters of Men.' He finishes taping the last bit of the blanket. 'What is it that you all see in bad Boys?'" p. 371

5 of 5 stars

0 Kommentare:

 

wanderherz Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos